Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4.21.2010 "I Miss..."

TRESSA, NORWAY
I miss....
Worst part about living on the other side of the world is missing my mom & dad... ; (



BUCKEROOMAMA, HONG KONG
4.21  I miss...
I miss the bubble tea shop near our place... Green tea with honey, with tapioca pearls. I can drink this day in and day out and never tire of it. Now, I have to go to town just to get one of these babies...



SUKI, GERMANY
Suki,I miss,4.21.
I miss going to the zoo.



CORNELIA, SOUTH AFRICA
4.21 I miss
...playing hockey



TEZZIE, FINLAND
Photobucket
...having my brother, parents, and kids all together at the same time. The last time that happened was almost 2 years ago...but we've got it planned again for this July, if volcanoes in Iceland cooperate!



EMILY, ITALY
4.21 I miss
I miss travel! And the thrill of new adventures! Of course, that might be because my flight to Belgium was cancelled last week and now I'm desperate to GO somewhere! (Maybe back to Egypt?)



SARAH, GEORGIA
4.21 I miss
...the carefree days of childhood...



KATIE, INDONESIA
4.21 I miss…
Ha ha, living overseas away from almost EVERYTHING I love this is a long list. Among the top? My mommy!! (This is a three generation shot when Emilie was just 2 weeks old)



NISA, THE BAHAMAS
4/21 "I Miss"
I miss my girls.



ROCIO, BORDER OF MEXICO
I miss....
I miss my Sister so so so so so MUCH!!!!!! She lives in Georgia!



LOLA, UTAH
Photobucket
Miss Liza. She got hit by a car last November...it was heartbreaking. We'd adopted her from a shelter 2 months after we'd married and she was soooo our little girl. Sure, she was nasty, protective, and tempermental, but that made her love all the more special (and valued) in the end! 2 weeks of crying, jammies, chocolates, snuggly dogs, and cards and flowers (yes, I said cards and flowers...over a cat) from good friends helped me through the roughest part. But I still miss her. Probably always will.



BECKY, PHILADELPHIA
4.21.10 I miss
I miss being a kid! I love their energy, their happiness, and their carefree days. Life is so good when you are ten!



RIKAKO, JAPAN
4.21 I miss
I miss nature and fresh air of my hometown, and miss my parents too. I can't wait to go home in beginning of May. Picture was taken where we can meet to nature deer closely.

10 comments:

  1. I can relate to so many of these things...being an expat and living far from everything you know is hard..you miss your parents,food,the way of life,so many things. Wonderful pictures ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and emotionally stirring set of photos today girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I am so sad for all the things that everyone misses! Especially those of you who don't get to be near your parents and families. I thank God EVERY DAY that he allows us to live near our families. I think family is so important. I just can not imagine life without them!

    Love your dandelion blower Sarah! Awesome picture. And see, we thought alike. How cool is that? So proud to be like Sarah!

    I miss my pets too Lola. It's like there is always these memories of the special animals that we loved. Sometimes I still cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate to all of this. Missing childhood - the innocence and energy. Missing travel - I need to GO somewhere to Emily! Missing pets - definitely miss them a lot! One of the hardships of moving a lot.

    What I miss the most though, is family. I really feel for those of you who aren't living close to yours. It is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My list of missing is a mile long! I'm not alone in missing things! Beautiful day ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos. Today I miss looking forward to summer vacation... all those days of nothing but play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Emily, you are so adventurous up there on that camel!!

    Becky, great minds think alike :)

    B-mama, that is a very interesting looking drink. I've never had tapioca pearls before.

    Suki, gorgeous peacock picture!

    Rocio, where in Georgia does your sis live?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rikako....I am SHOCKED, shocked I say, that it wasn't ME that you missed soooooo much. But I guess that would have involved digging up a way cool, from the 80's picture, with Glam hair and all. I guess I should be grateful. Anyway...love you. Keep up with the photos. I am so glad you are doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. TRESSA: I know that feeling!
    You both have beautiful smiles.

    BUCKEROOMAMA: Yummy!

    SUKI: Lovely picture! We are going to the zoo tomorrow

    CORNELIA: hockey.. wow that sounds like fun!

    TEZZIE: Hmmm I would love to get my family together for a celebration. I totally miss that 2.

    EMILY: Love your picture!!!

    SARAH: What a Beautiful photo...♥
    My sister lives in Richmond Hill, GA.

    KATIE: aww what a Precious picture...♥

    NISA: They were so cute!

    LOLA: Aww I can totally see the character of Miss Liza.

    BECKY: I totally miss that 2, especially the energy!

    RIKAKO: That was very close to nature. I remember feeding the deer with my grampa when I was little in Kerville, TX. It was a beautiful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, of course! I miss you soooooo much. I just couldn't find the photo of you with glam hair of the 80's.

    ReplyDelete